Why should you follow this blog? What makes it unique? Well that is an excellent set of questions. We try to post some fun stuff on the blog and lots of pictures of Lucy (the title character of the blog) and an occasional video or two. We write about things that matter to dog lovers and especially boxer dog lovers. So, here are the details of who Lucy the White Boxer Dog is...

Lucy the white boxer dog has been in our family for a little over six years now. She is not truly white but rather what is referred to as a "check boxer" due to her spots. She is not an albino! She has brown eyes and splashes of black on her in addition to her spots. She is a full blooded boxer. She is also extremely healthy with the exception of having a sensitive stomach.

Want to learn more about Lucy and the things we write about her, follow her blog. Better yet, check out some of the older posts. There is a lot of information on the care of boxers and dogs in general... We look forward to see your comments on some of the posts... Happy blogging to all!


Thursday, March 26, 2015

What Is It You Do In Life?


I often have people ask me about what I do for a living. No one seems to understand just what it is I do? I use to go into a litany of detail about my professional life, but not anymore. I no longer tell people how I am an independent contractor for instructional design. No longer do I tell them about the cool inventions I'm associated with at KOSTechnolgy, a startup company that I'm working with. No longer do I tell them about how I work tirelessly in the insurance industry to help people, or about me and my wife's home-based business. Today I just tell them that I am involved in multiple projects. My elevator pitch goes something like this...

"I have the greatest job in the world! I help people accomplish goals. Whether those goals involve instruction and training, finances, health insurance or starting a business - I help people accomplish their goals! I'm involved in multiple projects and for this, I am compensated in spirit and in my personal goal of making a living."

Here is an example of how I have even shortened up my job description in my insurance life to provide even better clarity as to what I do. When someone asks me what I do I simply smile and state:

"I have the greatest job in the world! I help people accomplish their goals. I have over twenty-five solutions to helping people achieve their financial security and another twenty-five to protect their health. I truly love what I do and I'm good at it!"

The thing I love about this less than thirty-second job description is that every word of it is true and it brings laser focus to just what I do! Is there any question in your mind about what I do?

What is your thirty-second job description? Does it bring a smile to your face? Have you tried improving yours lately? I almost guarantee if you start it out with a positive statement it will improve and make you smile! I know mine does!


No comments: